LASALLE offers Asia-Pacific’s widest range of high-quality creative education in the region’s only integrated arts campus – a unique learning environment that encourages interdisciplinary interaction and a contemporary approach to developing reflective practitioners. Set against the backdrop of Singapore’s vision to become a Global Arts City, there is no better time or place to be than in Singapore today, in the midst of an exciting phase in the advancement of the creative industries for Asia.
… because you want to be a hotshot art director in advertising, a trendsetting fashion designer who sets the international runways ablaze, a critically-acclaimed Broadway superstar, an Oscar-winning movie director, and a leader in your chosen field of the creative industry.
- You’ll learn in a real arts school which is practice-led and industry focused.
- You’ll experience the creative collisions that spark artistic revolutions through unlimited interdisciplinary collaborations.
- You’ll be in a progressive environment where you are encouraged to be a creative individual.
- You’ll be mentored by some of the best international arts practitioners and taught by practicing artists from the creative industries.
- You’ll be plugged into the global arts scene with visits by the world’s premier arts celebrities: Lord David Puttnam, Peter Fonda, Joan Chen, Sharon Stone, Mark Eley, Marcel Wanders, and more.
- You’ll be in an accredited institution with programmes that are original and developed by LASALLE.
- You’ll benefit from our robust internship programmes and collaborations with leading industry partners that lead to gainful employment.
- You’ll be well sought after: 86% of our Diploma graduates and 90% of our Degree graduates were offered a job within three to four months after graduation.*
- You’ll be embraced by a diverse community with 40% of students and lecturers from more than 40 countries, in a conducive hub of artistic energy. If you are from Singapore, ask yourself, “Why go abroad when abroad is already here?”
- You’ll eat, breathe, and live creativity 24/7 with a range of activities like on-campus exhibitions, performances, gigs, open mics, and arts markets, in our award-winning campus.
So, come to LASALLE if what you want is a successful career in the arts!
Singapore’s prime location as the epicenter of the Asia-Pacific regional zone, its focus on productivity and efficiency, Government’s supports, as well as a robust and safe info-technology infrastructure, strategically positions the island state as the perfect place for the convergence of the world’s best talents and companies, and this is evidenced by the set up of offices and studios here by major creative corporations like Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light and Magic, BMW Designworks (only design studio outside of California and Munich) and Philips Design (Asia Pacific’s headquarters).
Study in Singapore – An Exciting City at the Heart of Asia
If you are a Singaporean, you already know how great the city is; the opportunities for lifelong learning and a lucrative career in the arts are boundless – so why go abroad when abroad is here! If this is your first time travelling to Asia, here are our 10 reasons why Singapore is an ideal place for the global-minded arts student.
- One of the best places in Asia to live, work and play.
- Cosmopolitan and multi-cultural, with both eastern and western influences.
- It’s safe with a high quality of life.
- English is our first language.
- With four diverse migrant cultures of Malay, Indian, Chinese and European heritage, the food is delicious, diverse and affordable.
- It’s a major travel hub – only a hop, step and a jump away from neighbouring Asian cities and a transit stop for travel to America, Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, the UK and Scandinavia.
- We are ranked No. 1, ahead of the 2nd-placed Switzerland, in terms of the quality of our educational system in the most recent 2011 Global Competitiveness Report conducted by the World Economic Forum.
- An exciting time and place to be for aspiring artists to discover art, design, fashion, and music through some of the world’s best that visit our shores.
- The arts and design scene is vibrant and has a diverse mix of traditional and international arts.
- The creative industries are recognised and supported by the Singapore Government.
Check out what’s near our integrated arts campus, in the heart of the Arts and Cultural district.